What should I do when my Salinas home alarm system goes off?
Your home security system protects your home – and your family members – against the various risks you could face, like theft, flooding, and fire. Even though your home might be ready, that doesn’t automatically mean you are. Do you understand what to do if your Salinas home alarm system goes off? The blasting of an alarm is likely to be shocking, confusing, and might provoke panic. Your best bet is to stay calm and adhere to these easy tips.
Steps to Take If Your Home Alarm System In Salinas Goes Off
It’s a situation nobody wants to encounter, but it’s also the reason why you installed a home alarm system in the first place. You’re woken up from a deep sleep with the unmistakable blaring of an alarm after one of your sensors has been activated. So what should you do?
- Try not to panic. This is easier said than done when your home security alarm is blasting, and your pulse is racing. But keeping a cool head is the optimal way to appraise what is happening. Avoid the temptation of trying to handle the emergency on your own instead let your monitoring experts and first responders perform their job.
- Protect your family members. Your main focus should be your family members and getting them to safety. If you are dealing with a break-in, this might mean going to a designated safe zone as far from access points as possible. It’s likely that your alarm already deterred the trespasser, but it’s always better to be safe than sorry. If there’s fumes or flames, you need to leave your residence immediately.
- Grab your phone. In this day and age, almost all homeowners have their phones with them always, but you could fail to take it during an emergency. You’ll want to have it. You’ll have the opportunity to stay in touch with your monitoring professionals and obtain updates through your home security app.
Work With Your 24/7 Monitoring Agents
The moment your home alarm system in Salinas goes off, your 24/7 monitoring specialists will act immediately. The first move is to verify your alarm, and that includes communicating with you. The procedure they adhere to is based on the sort of emergency. For instance, when a medical emergency occurs, a single attempt will be made to contact you before assistance is dispatched. In the event of a burglary alarm - the most common sort of event - a monitoring professional will adhere to these procedures to contact you:
- An effort will be made to reach you using the touchscreen interface. You will usually be requested to provide a passcode.
- If that isn’t successful, a call is made to your main contact number.
- A secondary number or your primary contact person is attempted next.
- If there still isn’t an answer, area police officers are dispatched.
- Your monitoring professionals will follow up with you again after emergency personnel are alerted.
If you're not in a situation where you can converse with monitoring staff, don't worry. Help will still be deployed even when you're not able to substantiate the emergency.
Be prepared for any crisis with a Vivint home alarm system in Salinas
Get prepared for any emergency with a state-of-the-art home alarm system in Salinas from Vivint. Dial (831) 400-5196 to start customizing your home’s protection today.