Tips to cut down on false alarms in Salinas
False alarms are an actual problem for a home security system. They're not only a pain to resolve, but they may erode the trust you have in your equipment. Thankfully, you may do some things to lessen the frequency of false alarms from your Salinas security system.
To begin, make sure that everything is connected properly. This process may seem like an obvious course of action, but it’s common that simple user errors trigger false alarms. Next, check out possible causes of false alarms, such as windows and doors that may be kept ajar by accident. And of course, feel free to incorporate the many options like home automation and scheduling to cut down on false alarms in Salinas.
Could it be really that simple? Read on and discover for yourself.
Can you side step false alarms in Salinas?
Just like you would address any concern, the initial step is to reference the manual. Ensure all alarms and sensors are installed appropriately from your perspective by:
- Executing a diagnostic through your smart hub.
- Manually check each component to make sure it didn't become dislodged or need fresh batteries.
- Look over your scheduling to ensure that your home’s security isn’t engaging at inappropriate times.
- Ensure all recently added smart devices are configured properly and aren't disrupting your home’s alarm.
Contact your Vivint agent if you are still having trouble cutting down false alarms in your Salinas system. They'll gladly schedule a tehnician to inspect your setup.
Inspect your windows and doors
When your installation appears to be installed properly, the ensuing measure is to do a sweep of your residence. Are all your entries shut tight, or might there be a few mistakenly cracked? If an entry point stays unlatched, it could activate an activated sensor. If it just so happens that your family consistently fails to close an entry point, you could incorporate a smart locking system that secures automatically when your home security is engaged. Unfortunately, windows need extra hands-on attention, especially if you have someone who likes to sleep with an open window. Fortunately, your Vivint installation makes it a breeze to turn off that alarm while protecting the rest of the residence.
Smart home automation tends to be a smart technique to cut down on false alarms in Salinas
One of the smartest ways to lessen the likelihood of false alarms is to integrate home automation into your alarm system. When utilizing your Vivint app, you’re able to:
- Arrange a schedule to disarm when you are home and avoid false alarms caused by mistakenly unlocking an entry point. Then have your alarm system automatically engage again at night when you’re asleep.
- Set your home security to deactivate whenever your smart locking mechanism is initiated with the correct code.
- Set geotracking to arm the alarm as you depart the driveway, then turn off when you come back to the house.
- Receive cell phone notifications when your devices notice uncommon motion or require a new battery.
- Link your system to a smart assistant like Google Home or Alexa, so you are able to disarm and arm your system without the cell phone app or central interface.
Cut down on false alarms in Salinas by switching to a Vivint smart home system
An enhanced level of control over your home security results in a much lower likelihood of false alarms. To get started on your Vivint smart home, reach out to (831) 400-5196 or complete the form on this page.