Online shopping and daily deliveries have become commonplace for numerous homeowners. You enjoy the ease of having packages dropped in front of your door, but there is a drawback. Those packages sitting in plain sight are enticements to potential burglars. Porch piracy is a significant problem, but you can take action against it by ordering a home security system with a doorbell doorbell. These devices are fantastic tools to deter package theft, but they do so much more.
Take a minute to find out how they work and why they’re sure to come to be an integral part of your smart home.
Advantages of a Salinas video doorbell
Found in wireless and wired options, video doorbells provide an array of sophisticated features, and the technology keeps advancing. You now have the ability to customize detection zones, talk to individuals at your door, and obtain immediate updates whenever an item is delivered.
The easiest way to find out how a Salinas video doorbell camera works is to look at the various benefits it gives you. Think about these features:
- Active crime deterrents: You can’t get this on every model, but there are some smart video doorbells that take action in dissuading theft with alerts that can be heard and seen. This is a great way to let prowlers know somebody is watching.
- All-encompassing camera view: You will benefit from seeing the total picture, and that includes the faces of individuals at your door and items on the surface below. Video doorbells with superior 180-degree field of vision provide a comprehensive perspective.
- High-resolution images any time of day: What’s the point of getting a doorbell camera if the images are poor quality and difficult to see? The best models will provide exceptional night vision and high dynamic range (HDR) resolution.
- Package alerts: Would you like to be informed when a package is dropped off? You are able to receive automatic updates from video doorbells capable of differentiating between individuals and boxes.
- Talk to whoever’s at your door: Is a person standing at your main entry? Bi-directional audio lets you ask why they’re there. You can even utilize this handy feature to deter people hanging around your walkway.
- Prevent false alarms: Top doorbell cameras will even give you the opportunity to set up your own detection zones. Clearly defining the area to be viewed will allow you to minimize false alarms caused by pets or pedestrians.
- Instant access to video: A video doorbell configured into your smart home offers you the opportunity to access current and recorded video right from your smartphone security app.
Video doorbells keep you in touch with your home like you’ve never been before, as you are able to interact with them directly from your mobile device, no matter where you are. They’ll notify you when a visitor arrives, give you a sightline into what’s happening, and even allow you to speak with whoever’s at your door. These components have turned into difference-makers in terms of security and convenience.